How to change your @ on Twitter?
Changing your Twitter username is very simple and can be done through your account settings on your computer. The username, which begins with the “@” symbol, must be between four and 15 characters long and can only contain letters, numbers and underscores — spaces are not allowed. It is worth mentioning that after the change, which can also be done by cell phone, the previous name can be used immediately by someone else.
Twitter reinforces that changing the username will not affect existing followers or direct messages received on the account. However, the social network advises the individual to notify the followers in advance that there will be a change in the profile, so that they know who is the person behind the new "@".
Check out how to change your Twitter username below.
How to change Twitter @ on PC:
- Access Twitter and click on “More”, on the left side menu;
- Select the “Settings and Support” option;
- Go to the "Settings and Privacy" optionof the menu;
- With the settings open, access the “Your Account” tab and go to “Account Information”;
- Confirm your password and press the “Confirm” button;
- Click on the “Username” field;
- Enter your new username and click the “Save” button to change Twitter @ from PC.
Next article: How to Disable the Sensitive Content Message on Twitter?