Limitations of Facebook and Instagram monitoring
Due to the limitations of Facebook's/Instagram's official API, Awario is subject to a number of limitations in both data types obtainable and search parameters.
Types of data available for collection:
1. On Facebook:
- Posts and comments made by the business page you’ve connected to Awario;
- Public posts and comments where the page you've connected to Awario is directly tagged — it can be both a personal and an other business page.
2. On Instagram:
- Public posts that contain at least 1 hashtag you’ve specified as a keyword;
- Posts and comments where the page you’ve connected to Awario is directly tagged (@username).
- Private content is not available for monitoring;
- Personal accounts of any kind (public or private) are not available for monitoring;
- Direct messages cannot be monitored;
- User data is not shared with Awario, meaning that the users from outside of business pages you've connected will be displayed only as Instagram/Facebook user;
- Promoted content/ads are not available for monitoring.
2. On Facebook:
- Content from any pages that aren't connected to Awario is not available for monitoring;
- The Whitelist and The Blacklist do not work for Facebook;
- Any content from FB Groups is not available for monitoring.
3. On Instagram:
- The Blacklist does not work for Instagram. Note, however, that you can still add the business accounts to the Whitelist to have their name appear properly.
- Even if the post has a geotag attached, the geographical location of the post is not going to be available.