How to share YouTube video on IG story?
Due to copyright concerns, neither Instagram nor YouTube feature a native way to share videos between the platforms. With that said, there are 2 main ways to share a YouTube video on IG story:
Share YouTube video as a link
The easiest way is to simply share the link to the video in question. There are 2 ways you can go about it depending on how many followers you have:
- In the Instagram app, tap the plus button and choose Story;
- Tap on the Aa button to go into the Create mode;
- There, go into stickers selection menu found at the top of your screen;
- Find the link sticker, and paste the URL to the YouTube video you'd like to share.
- Finish your story, and publish.
In case your page has more than 10,000 followers, you should see a Chain button at the top of your screen whenever posting a story. You can paste the URL using this button just as well.
Share the actual YouTube video on IG story
This process is a bit more involved, as you will need to have the target video downloaded to your device and edit it to fit the Instagram story limitations. Here's the general process:
- Download the video you'd like to reshare. Note that you can't directly obtain videos you didn't upload according to YouTube's copyright policies;
- Crop the video to fit the 9:16 aspect ratio used on IG stories. For most modern devices, the native Photos app should do the trick;
- Upload the result to Instagram via normal means.
Next article: How to turn on comments on YouTube?