How to hide likes on Instagram?
In case you'd prefer to keep your focus on the content itself, as opposed to its popularity, Instagram has an option to disable the exact like and view counts. This can be done for all posts you see on the platform, or posts you make specifically. Let's take a look at both:
Disabling likes for Instagram posts
- On your account page, tap the three-line button in the top right corner, and select Settings;
- Navigate to Privacy tab and, once there, select the Posts option;
- In the Posts menu, you should see a toggle labeled as Hide Like and View Counts;
- Switch it on, and voila.
Disabling likes for your Instagram posts only
- As you're creating a post, proceed normally until you arrive at the part where you add captions;
- There, find the Advanced Settings button at the bottom;
- The first setting you'll see there will be Hide like and view counts on this post toggle. Switch it on.
Note that the like/view counter can be disabled after the post has been made as well:
- Go to the post in question, and tap on the three-dots button in the top right;
- You'll find the Hide like count option in the pop-up menu.
From now on, the exact like and view count on your posts will be replaced with 2-3 user handles plus the "and others" remark. Note, however, that Instagram will keep counting your likes and views in the backend, so these metrics will remain fully available for your business analytics.