How to post on Reddit
First of all, ensure you're logged into a Reddit account — it is not possible to post without signing up. Here's a quick guide on how to make your post on Reddit.
Making a Reddit post
- Click the Create post button found at the top of your screen. In case you're using Reddit's mobile app, tap the plus button at the bottom of the screen instead;
- Choose the community you'd like to post in. Alternatively, you can go to the required subreddit and click the Create post button in the right community sidebar;
- There, choose the type of post you'd like to make. The currently available types include Post, Images & Videos, Link, and Poll;
- Fill out the title, add text or media, and complete the rest of your submission;
- Finally, click the Post button.
Best practices for posting on Reddit
Reddit is a unique social media platform that is significantly different from other popular platforms. As such, here are some points to consider when making a post:
- Make sure you're posting in the right place — Reddit has a ton of different communities, also known as subreddits. Make sure your submission fits there thematically;
- Respect the community guidelines and rules — nigh every subreddit has it's own set of content rules on top of the general Reddit policies. Take time to go through them, as otherwise your submission is likely to be removed.
- Don't openly advertise — while promotions are not necessarily banned (depends on the subreddit), Redditors rarely appreciate pure ad posts and comments. Try to be inconspicuous!
Find out what people say about your brand!Start free trial
Next article: How to make a Facebook business page