How to clear Instagram cache?
Clearing Instagram cache is a task that can contribute to freeing up your phone's internal storage space. This is because the app usually stores a lot of data, so it loads faster in the future when you open the app.
For Android, you can clear Instagram cached data. However, for iPhone there is no way to clear Instagram cache on iPhone without deleting or uninstalling the app from the system.
How to Clear Instagram Cache on iPhone
You can delete Instagram app from the home screen:
- Click and hold the Instagram icon on your phone screen;
- Select the option Remove app;
- Select the option Delete App.
If you prefer, you can access your phone settings and follow the steps:
- Enter General;
- Select "iPhone Storage";
- Scroll down the list and tap on "Instagram";
- Choose "Delete App" option.
By uninstalling the app to clear Instagram cache on iPhone you might lose any downloaded images or videos. So, make sure you saved the most important ones.
How to clear Instagram cache on Android
Unlike iPhone, on Android you can clear Instagram cache and continue using the app normally. Check out the following steps to clear Instagram cache on your Android:
- Open the Android settings;
- Go to the Apps option;
- Select Manage apps;
- Scroll down until you find the Instagram app and click on it;
- Go to "Storage";
- Click on "Clear data".